Hi Bob & Sheila,Papaya Pineapple Bran Muffins
Here's a recipe that I tried out on our last guests... I really liked it and they did too!
These are very moist & tropical and a great way to add more fruit to your daily intake. It was one of those "Oh wow, these are better than I thought they would be moments!"
The best part is that there wasn't a single muffin left on the platter!
3/4 cup all purpose flour
1/2 cup whole wheat flour
1/2 cup bran flakes or raisin bran
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 tsp allspice
1/2 cup butter, softened
2 eggs, beaten
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 cup cubed fresh papaya
1/2 cup fresh chopped pineapple
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
1/2 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350. Grease one loaf pan.
- Sift together in large bowl all dry ingredients, except nuts.
- In a separate bowl, combine wet ingredients except fruit beating until light and fluffy.
- Gradually beat in flour mixture; fold in fruit and nuts.
- Pour batter into pan, baking approx 50 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool 10 mins before turning out onto a wire rack.
Come experience the hospitality aboard the charter yacht THREE MOONS and be pampered by her crew of three. Three Moons is fully air conditioned and accommodates up to eight guests, in four double cabins, each with ensuite head/shower.
Comfort, relaxation and fabulous award-winning cuisine are yours sailing this handsome 72 foot yacht throughout the exquisitely inviting playground of the Virgin Islands.
Indulge yourself with manicures, pedicures, facials and relaxing mini-massage, as Three Moons is the only yacht based in the USVI that offers a "Sea Spa" on board.
Three Moons also has watersports galore! That's a requirement for any sailing vacation! They have a lightening fast 17' Caribe dinghy with 115HP Yamaha engine that will take care of all your waterskiing, wake-boarding, knee-boarding, tubing, aqua-nauting, and exploring needs. You'll enjoy snorkeling with quality equipment, and if you would like to do a bit of SCUBA they will be happy to arrange rendezvous diving upon request. And don't forget the two 2-man kayaks for total freedom from it all!
Plan on joining Three Moons to renew, rejuvenate and experience a vacation of a lifetime!
- Contact Paradise Connections to start planning your sailing vacation
- View Three Moons online brochure
- Visit our website: www.paradiseconnections.com
Don't wait too long to book your sailing vacation aboard Three Moons as they already have 5 weeks booked for 2010!
Currently available for both Christmas & New Years...