Thursday, May 20, 2010

PROMENADE - RECIPE: Kahlua & Baileys Cheesecake

Kerry shares one of Promenade's favorite dessert recipes with us:  Kahlua and Baileys Cheesecake

Mmmmmm, save one for me, please!

Kerry says:
I mix in a grinder/food processor one large package of McVitie's Digestive cookies until fine crumbs. Then I put it in my pan, and pour about a 1/2 cup to 3/4 cup of melted butter over it and mix it all up. That makes the crust. The originial recipe only calls for 5 oz of butter, but what can I say, I like butter!

For the filling: Blend together:
  • 4 eggs
  • 24 oz cream cheese
  • 1 cup brown sugar
  • 5 TABLESPOONS (or so!) of Baileys Irish Cream
  • 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
Dissolve a few teaspoons of instant coffee (I use espresso) in a few tablespoons of Kahlua and add to mixture. Pour over crust and bake at 350°F for about 40 minutes until set.

Top with whipped cream and drizzled chocolate... Although you could take heavy cream, whip it some, then put in a bit of Kahlua and sugar, and you get Kahlua cream which is even better!
Sounds great!  Do you know that Promenade makes homemade ice cream, too?


Contact Paradise Connections Yacht Charters to book PROMENADE
View Promenade's online brochure
For more yachts, visit our website: www.ParadiseConnections.com